Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Shadow Pear











Add Image




Miniature #12
Oil on canvas board
7"x9" oil
January 12, 2009

I loved painting this pear. The story of how I acquired it is rather amusing. I must have picked through a dozen pears to find the right one with a nice pink blush to it. The people behind me thought I was crazy. (It reminds me of that time I bought a slice of designer cake to paint and nearly cried when the lady at the counter broke the decorations at the top. She just couldn’t understand why it would matter so much, and I didn’t have the heart to explain).

This was really fast (and fun) to paint – maybe only an hour if you disregard setup and cleanup. I love the contrast of the saturated blue in the background and the reddish shadows on the pear.

No comments: